Crochet Granny Square Style Baby Cardigan - Pattern and Photos



Hello my fellow crochet passionate

This is my project for this week...extremely lovable because it will be a gift for a cute little girl.
Basically I stumbled upon it where I generally found my inspiration : the Russian crafts forums.
The strange thing about it is that I found the same kind of pattern used in a tutorial for granny square shrug made of homespun thread, adult size.

I am not a fan of saying something was my idea when it wasn't but honestly when you look at  how easy to  make is this cardigan you will for surely want to have created this yourself.
I must confess that the pattern is highly addictive and you may be tempted to keep on crocheting until it is done.

Since it is for kids I recommend size 2 soft spun, acrylic yarn, baby yarn if you have at hand and a size 2 mm ( 2,5) hook.

Feel free to decorate and accessorize to your liking and add a granny square pattern beanie . The ensemble can make an amazing gift for any child, girl or boy.


The beginning

One side done

Second side in progress

Sides folded into position

and the chart


From here on you can use a contrasting color to make a border and a hemline for sleeves and bottom. Also the collar can be crocheted or knitted. The sky is the limit.
I hoped you like my post and please like me page on Facebook for more interesting ideas.

xoxo to u all

Eva






Comentarii