How to Crochet Cluster Stitch Clothing – Free Instructions and Ideas

I’m all about knitting this days…simple knitting nothing fancy and, while I’m working with a furry yarn, my mind wonders around the idea of a stunning coat or vest that would wow the people around me at my office.

This being said I must say that I noticed a certain distinctive trend in the season collections of Chanel and Marc Jacobs. 

The different variations of Midori squares can be found in coats, pullovers, trendy pants and cardigans. Pinterest is filled with amazing designs involving cluster stitches so I find it proper to talk about how to make Mariana Rodriguez Segat’s designs (extremely popular on the internet).

Surely you have noticed on my Facebook page the post about the major designers' collections filled with crocheted items ( if not take a look to see what I mean). 

The same interesting, simple but versatile pattern is used by Mariana in a large combination of colors, with ombre effect to create stunning looking coats and vests.

So…because many of my Facebook page fans asked for this here is how to make them:

Designs by: Mariana Rodrigues Segat
















Russian design and combination of cluster stitch and basic granny square


Chart and granny square setting for the above design


Basic design ( see the under-arm decrease)


Chart: Basic 5 dc cluster ( You can make any type of cluster by palying with the dc number : minimum 3 , maximum 10) 


Marc Jacobs design ( R3 skipped for a looser result)



 Chanel( bulky yarn knitted edging)




 Basic pattern :

R1: Chain the required length ( work the base chain with a crochet hook 1 number higher than the one you will use for the item- this will prevent the fabric from stretching and become 1 size larger than you want to…been there and I’m talking from experience). Base chain must be a multiple of 6 +1

R2: Ch1 , 1sc, ch 5(sk5), 1sc in the next chain ( repeat until the end of the row.

R3:1sc in every loop

R4:Ch3, 5 dc,ch1( repeat until the end of the row)


That’s about it. Simple isn’t it?

Wells...here comes the tricky part:

Changing colors:
In order to obtain the color combination make sure you work rows,2,3,4 in one color and change the color for every section at row 2.

Also for the sleeves, the under-arm part is worked with hdc and sc instead of dc to obtain a decrease.

In case you work a pullover you can skip row 3 to get a looser structure.

For the regular decrease you simply don’t work 1 or 2 clusters at the end of every side. The decrease will have a rectangle shape.


There are endless variations of this particular cluster stitch and you can play with it working only row2 in a different color for a contracting effect towards the visible dc sections.

Have fun and make yourself something using this stitch. You will discover how easy it is to play with it.

I hope you like this post . Please like  and share so as many people as possible will have the chance to benefit from the free information.

Please follow Crochet Patterns to Try on Facebook, Pinterest and Google+ to receive interesting updates and ideas involving the fascinating art of crochet.

Have an amazing November :)

Xoxo
Eva




Comentarii

  1. Thanks for the mention of my name. Knitter usually appropiate the credit of the photos and design. Those are very old pictures, 8 years or more. I didn´t use watermark then, and my design have improved a lot since then. Nobody can copy the newdesigns because I can´t even do it myself without reading my notes to remember "how the hell I could make this!". Design is hard. And people buy my pieces, so I am not happy when somebody lightly copy or publish patterns without permission, because that is my living job.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. Hi I would like to see about buying some of your designs. Do you have a website please contact me at jlwill89@yahoo.com

      Ștergere
    2. Mariana , please provide me with the link to your online shop. It will be include in the post to help you sell those beautiful designs. We always offer credits to the designer although the patterns is strictly our best interpretation of a related chart.

      Ștergere
  2. My surname is RodrigueZ not "Rodrigues".

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. My surname is RodrigueZ not "Rodrigues".

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. thank you for posting this. My grand daughter loves hers I've made her 8 different ones to wear at school. I even used cotton so that she can utilize them during the summer here in the heat. Hugs, Kathryn

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  5. Personally I would rather purchase the pattern in its entirety if that is possible. Please contact dt1of8@yahoo.com

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  6. Hello. I would like to purchase your patterns. Please contact me at voice647@gmail.com

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  7. Mariana, I love your pattern and would love to get the copy from you, I'm in love with the bold colors highlighted with the black , being Mexican American this is beautiful to me living in Alaska I want to make myself a spring time jacket good for 20 degrees.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. I´m sorry... patterns are not available for sale.
      :(
      Saludos desde Buenos Aires, Mariana. (molda)

      Ștergere
  8. how can I buy a copy of your pattern? jones_a_margaret@yahoo.com

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  9. How can i buy à copy of the pattern ? Greetz
    erica_steenbakkers@live.nl

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  10. I love the first and second clothing.... really.
    Do you have a video on youtube showing how it's made from beginning till the end?
    Thank you so much
    Kind regards

    RăspundețiȘtergere

Trimiteți un comentariu