Free Crochet Pattern for Trendy Tunic or Pullover – Fall 2015 Loose Fit Crochet Design



 Hello darlings .

Are you thinking about fall? I kind of am :(

Summer is almost over and to my…unpleasant …surprise the cold and rainy days are closer. 

However around here this fall announces to be a bit warmer than expected. So... here is a blog post about a very popular , and pinned design for a lacy finished fall-spring pullover.

The funny thing is that the trendy tunic with dropped sides crocheted with this particular stitch ( slight variation) was one of the first crochet designs I was obsessed about when crocheting a baby beanie was all I knew.

Long time since then but still this stitch pattern is one of the most versatile I’ve seen since I started researching the crochet craft.

The blouse design belongs to a Russian lady whose name I don’t know ( sadly) . She used a variation of the original stitch increasing the number of chains in between the double crochet groups – ch 3 instead of ch 2.









 To clear the matter why I like this design so much:

  1. It’s simple, versatile and figure permissive.
  2. You can play with the yarn. Mercerized  cotton offers a more summery feel and finish while acrylic cotton mix makes the garment more fitted for colder weather.
  3. Both the tunic and the pullover can be matched to your figure since the stitch is very permissive measurements wise.
Yarn and hook:
  1. Summery structure : cotton mercerized- 2mm hook, cotton worsted medium -3mm hook
  2. Fall feel : cotton acrylic mix – 3,5-4 mm hook.
  3. Winter ( yeah... you can make it for winter too) : merino fine – 3,5 mm hook, cotton merino mix – 4 mm hook.

Here comes the pattern:

I decided to write the sequence for the pullover more detailed since the Asian magazine chart for the tunic is very self-explanatory.

Work 2 rectangles for front and back. Straight arm opening.

Measure this way:
Add 2 cm on each side to the hip measurement – this will create the oversized look.


Pattern:
1.    Chain the required length
2.    Ch3 link 1dc ( counts for 2dc tog), *ch3 sk3, 3 dc in the same loop , ch 3 sk3, 3dc tog*, repeat ** till the end of the row ( close with 2dc tog), turn
3.    Ch 8, 3dc ( on top of the 3dctog below), *Ch 7, 3dc ( on top of the 3dctog below)*, repeat ** till the end of the row ( close with ch3 and 1 treble crochet)
Repeat 2 and 3 maintaining the sequence : Always the 3dctog will be worked on top of the 3dc and viceversa. The result is the lacy wavy  structure.
               The sleeves are worked as two rectangles and joined to the straight arm opening.


The neck opening, the hemline and the sleeve cuffs are closed with 3 rows of sc  and a base shell stitch ( 3dc in the same stitch, sk 2 , 1sc in the next stitch)

The little tunic:



As for any Asian design the chart for this model is extremely detailed and easy to follow. The pattern is exactly the same as the one above with this single exception:
Instead of ch 3 in between the dc groups, you chain 2.

Front and back chart


Back neck opening
Front neck opening


Sleeve decrease


Measurement example


6 years old size and adult size




As you will notice in the chart the decrease in linear as the work goes upwards.

Also  you have a very detailed chart for back and front neck opening.

Considering I made this tunic for a 2 years old, a 4 years old and a size 38 adult , I can say in confidence that it is a fun model you would wanna make over and over again.

Dare and give it a try, the pattern is extremely easy and you can play with it using any yarn you want according to what season you want to wear it in.
               
                I hope you like this post and I also hop you share it so as many crochet fans as                     possible would benefit from the free information.

               You guys should keep in mind that we at Crochet Patterns to Try are crochet fans                   with a clear purpose to give a helping hand to all those in love with this craft.

               We don’t sell patterns and we always offer the source of our work for reference.                    Our only goal is to help you become daring and ready to take on any challenge                       involving crochet projects.

               So join us on Facebook , Pinterest and Google + for interesting updates , tips and                 tricks and also more exciting models.
     
             Xoxo
             Eva








  

Comentarii

  1. Hi, I was wondering if you could explain row 1 of little tunic for me please? I am very confused as I know the the chains are in groups of three but the image is not very clear for me, hence the trouble with pattern. Thank you! :)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. That is, the row in red please. Sorry about not being clear earlier.

      Ștergere
  2. Hello how many chains dit you use for a two years old schild?

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. Hello how many chains dit you use for a two years old schild?

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. I can't wait to make this top for me as a cover-up for the beach. Ofcourse I will make it longer. Thank you so much for this pattern I'm so in love with myself.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  5. I can't wait to make this top for me as a cover-up for the beach. Ofcourse I will make it longer. Thank you so much for this pattern I'm so in love with myself.

    RăspundețiȘtergere

Trimiteți un comentariu