Crochet Winter Coats - Charts and so Much More








Personally I am a fan of everything fashionable, although one could say I am into a sporty chic style as clothing goes.
This being said I must admit that my favorite thing about fall - winter 2013/2014 fashion is the fact that we must have a statement winter coat.

So what is a statement coat. Trends call for checkerboard patterns, splendid color blocking, amazing accessories and fabulous look. Altogether we can say that this is the crochet passionate haven.

There are so many coats out there that you can turn into a statement  winter coat but most definitely you can dare and wear s fabulous crochet patter just for the sake of being absolutely unique in a sea of retail clothing.

Are these coats difficult to make ?
Well...they are not easy since most of them are long and look better if they are lined so they will be a bit "stiffer" . However, you should not panic.

Here are my tips :

1. Look for a thick yarn, preferably wool or wool mixed with acrylic.
2. Be aware that size of the hook should one size smaller than the one recommended for the yarn size.
3. Follow the instructions and measure yourself as you complete the work.
4. Consider flowers, Irish lace decorations and furry embellishments to make the coat look unique.

The Chart and granny square motif for the wonderful coat above

Update upon request  28.06,2015 :

Because so many of you asked for a pattern here it is:

1. Except for the granny squares made out of melange yarn the coat is knitted. Below you can see the knitting pattern. The knitting is done from bottom upwards decreasing as shown in chart. Basic kniting will do too.

Very imporstant:

I made the large part of the coat using dc ( once ) and x stitch the second time. Also if you want you can choose several colors for the squares.

As you can see the coat can be completed with a hat made of 4 squares with a basic crochet shell border. The scarf is made with one row of joined square as long as you want with the same type of crocheted border ( 3 or 4 rows on each side)


2. The numbers you see in the below chart indicate the alternating colorr for the squares. You can choose shades of earth colors for a maroon main panels or cold colors such as blue , gray, purple for a grey coat. I  made it both ways and it looks awesome.

Square Chart:

1. Ch 5,sl st, turn
2. ch 2, 11 dc in the ring,sl st , turn
3.Ch3, 1ps,ch3 in each stitch, ...in the last ch section ch1 1dc, sl st, turn.
4. Ch3,ch 5, 1 dc in the ch section, ch5,1ps( corner) ch 5, 1dc,ch5, 1dc,ch5 , 1 ps...repeat till  the ent sl st to join.

Make as many as required based on the chart display.
The square should be the measuring tool for the coat.
Measure how many sqoares you need for the border, for the bottom and for the waist.
It is pretty simple.





 
An Irish Lace beauty easier to make than it looks

Sleeves can be done separately.





Update 28.06.2015:

I  had a single attempt to work Irish lace and I admit it was pretty challenging.
However the secret is to make a pattern for the vest out of the lining you will use.
Use a styrofoam board to pin it and arrange the crocheted elements  pinning them on the lining so you will have an ideas where to pin them.

Here is a comprehensive Youtube video on the topic.


I hope you like this post and please feel free to like my page on Facebook for more cool looking patterns and ideas. Also follow us on Google+ and Pinterest for interesting new crochet project ideas.


xoxo

Eva

Comentarii

  1. Is there a a way to get this in english please I am new to crochet and don't think I can follow this. I love this coat

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. In 3 you say ch3. ps in each stitch, what does ps mean (what stitch is that)? Thank you

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. Amazing coat!! but i need some help!!
    1) in the 4th round you say 3 ch, 5 ch, you mean 8 chain in total?
    2) you also say 1dc in the chain section. You mean 1 dc in the chain loop from the last round?
    Thanks in advance!!!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. Can you put directions in English?! I see Chris had requested....this would be for the coat...I would be happy to provide a fee, if any. Thankyou

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  5. This is a second request for directions in English. I hope my (and another person's were just overlooked and not ignored. Thanking you in advance for a reply.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  6. Ms Eveline Salt, My name is Mickey Thomas. I am from Indiana, USA. I came across this pattern of the winter coat you published in November 2013. This is adorable and the style fits my daughter, also my great niece. Have released the Pattern in english? I would like to make this for my daughter but I can not read it. Please Please tell me how I can get this pattern in english. Thank-you for any help you can give to me.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  7. There are several request for the pattern in English… Could you please respond… Thinking you in advance

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  8. Hi Eveline. My name is Terri. I'm from Toronto Canada. I love the winter coat you posted 2013-2014. Unfortunately I am unable to read the pattern. As I only speak and read English. Would you have this pattern in English? If so could you possibly post it for those of us who only read in English. Please and thank you.

    RăspundețiȘtergere

Trimiteți un comentariu