2 Crochet Charts for Spring Cardigans

Me and my habit of fixating on things...call it as you like but when I fixate on something , I must make it and the same goes for crocheting projects...
Did you notice you can never have too many cardigans? Especially in spring when you are ready to shed off any number of layers and stitch to a cute top and a light jacket...you feel the need for a cute cardi to keep you warm enough and fashionably layered.

With 2014 fashion trends calling for a large area of open knits and fine crocheted items I am extremely tempted to race myself into making two different cardigans able to fit a casual outfit for walking my little one and the task to layer something over a lovely spring dress for church.

I am more into boho chic than into elegant clothing style and in my opinion, considering my wardrobe, a casual, light but slightly dressy design will fit the purpose....
And now the decision...
Both designs are easy to make and ...you can leave it to the Chinese designers to tempt you with soft texture and lovely cut....so which one to go for first ?


Oversize trend - Complimentary for a fuller figure




I am a fan of scallops and shells, and obviously I find this particular  design perfect for the oversize trend of the next season. You can bet I have in mind a little more than spring walks and that I see it perfect for the next fall too.

The pattern is extremely simple and the measurements can be modified to match your size. I am simply fond off the elegant picot edging.




Openwork knits ( crochet) trend - Elegant jacket style cardi


If you are like me, dreaming of an elegant cardi able to match perfectly a long elegant skirt  but also to dress up your skinny jeans, this is the one to go for.
I like the fact that you can use a different type of yarn for the pattern which can alter the texture from fine to warm and comfy. However I think I will choose a 3 size yarn cotton  ( Coats) and a 3 mm hook.

Instructions are in Chinese but let me tell you what I normally do.
Choose the measurements from your side and start with a number of base chains according to that. From there on follow the like of the model and make sure you take are extra careful with increasing and decreasing.




I hope you like this post and please remember to like my page on Facebook for more interesting project ideas.

xoxo

Eva

Comentarii